Keynote Speeches & Conference Events
NEED A DYNAMIC SPEAKER FOR YOUR NEXT CONFERENCE OR COMPANY MEETING?
Meet Brett Cooper
Brett is a frequent speaker on topics related to Team Dynamics, Leadership and Operational Excellence. His engaging and interactive style works equally well with audiences big and small. His recent presentations have been to groups ranging from 25 to 2500 participants.
During his interactive and high-energy talks, Brett shares stories and insights about how to make work relationships really work. Drawing upon almost 20 years of experience as an Organizational Health Consultant, Brett always...
- Engages the audience with thought-provoking questions and fun interactions
- Challenges people to reflect on their own behavioral tendencies
- Demonstrates practical techniques to make your relationships the healthiest they've ever been
- Leaves audiences inspired and ready to make a real impact
Engaging Keynote Topics
Below are three of Brett's most sought after presentations. Before every speech, Brett works with event organizers to tailor the message and select the stories and ideas that will best resonate with the specific audience.
Work Relationships that Really Work
Most everything we do at work requires collaboration between people. Why is it sometimes so difficult to establish work relationships that really work, where all parties communicate effectively and work together efficiently to achieve shared goals? For almost 20 years, Brett Cooper and his team have been helping organizations address this challenge. In their upcoming book, DISC-EQ: How To Build Work Relationships That Really Work, Brett and his co-author Evans Kerrigan dig into the mysteries of the thought and behavioral patterns that influence the health of our work environments everyday.
During this engaging and entertaining presentation, Brett will share stories and insights from their research, including:
- Why people do what they do in work and team environments
- Brain science that explains why DISC EQ helps us better understand ourselves and those around us
- Strategies for improving work relationships with colleagues, team mates and customers, even the difficult ones
- Impactful ideas for being a better communicator, leader and team member
Five Steps to Radically Improving Employee Engagement & Team Collaboration
Healthy and productive team dynamics are a critical input for achieving strong organizational performance and high levels of employee engagement. But far too often the very practice of teamwork can be painful. Why? Because teams give way to infighting, gossiping, and politics. But high-functioning teams break this mold by dedicating time and effort to embracing a healthier set of behaviors. When teams have a shared language around teamwork and when they dedicate time to understanding and cultivating those behaviors, amazing things happen
During this fast-paced and interactive session, Brett will introduce you to a powerful framework called The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team, and will provide ideas and insights that will help your teams – all of your teams, at every level – perform to their full potential. Attendees will benefit by learning how to:
- Build Vulnerability-Based Trust
- Engage in More Productive Conflict
- Influence Greater Commitment to Team Decisions
- Foster Higher Levels of Accountability
- Encourage Everyone to Focus on Collective Results
Leadership Is Everyone’s Business
The Leadership Challenge is a 30+ year research project that has identified the five key behaviors that the most effective leaders do more frequently than everyone else. The study has included more than 5 million surveys, 10,000 interviews and almost 1,000 dissertations.
In this fun and lively presentation, Brett will show that leadership is not about position, title or charisma, but rather that leadership is about what you do and say everyday. Appropriate for leaders at all levels, from the front line to the corner office, this session will:
- Engage participants in reflecting on their own strengths and blind spots when it comes to leading others
- Introduce participants to the five leadership behaviors that 30+ years of research proves drives higher levels of organizational performance and employee engagement (Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, Encourage the Heart)
- Give participants practical tips for how they can improve their effectiveness as leaders, which in turn unleashes the power of everyone on their team
- Leave audience members inspired and ready to take action
Brett is the visionary President of Integris Performance Advisors, a professional development firm he co-founded to expand the existence of healthy organizations and great places to work. By creatively bringing together concepts from The Five Dysfunctions of a Team (by Patrick Lencioni), The Leadership Challenge (by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner), Everything DiSC and Lean Six Sigma, Brett and his team have influenced thousands of people in government, non-profits and corporate America to work together in more productive, more effective and more human ways.
Outside of his role at Integris, Brett dedicates time to serving others in need. He is a volunteer coordinator for the East Bay Stand Down and Stand Down on the Delta, two non-profit organizations serving the needs of San Francisco’s homeless Veteran population. He is also board member for Partners in Sustainable Learning, whose mission is to bring early childhood education to marginalized communities in the developing world (current projects are underway in Nepal).
Brett earned an MBA in Finance from the Stern School of Business at New York University and a Bachelor's degree in Marketing from San Diego State University. He is a frequent speaker on topics related to team cohesion, leadership and operational excellence.
Brett is married to the love of his life, Maxine, and has two daughters, Sophia and Olivia. When not on the road, he splits time between the San Francisco Bay Area and Salem, OR.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE BRETT
Here's What Participants Have To Say About Brett
- Brett is a dynamic speaker and very engaging. I had to use the restroom, but didn’t want to get up and miss any information he shared.
- Participants really enjoyed the table discussions and opportunity to engage in dialogue regarding issues most important to them.
- Brett is an engaging presenter with the ability to keep people’s attention.
- We had a dancing presentation following his presentation and he fully participating by getting up in front of the audience and dancing with us. Others commented on how awesome it was that he was just as engaged as a participant as he was as a speaker.
- I have and will continue to recommend Brett as a speaker to my colleagues.
- If you are a leader and wonder, “How do I help my team improve?,” then Brett is the speaker for you.
- Get a win and an ‘a-ha’ moment from Brett - for yourself and your team.
- Brett was extremely fun and engaging while delivering useful information.
- Brett Cooper is an engaging servant leader with a value added message on the use of powerful communication tools you can immediately put into practice.
- He brings information to the listener/learner in a straightforward approach where every person’s communication style is valued.
- Brett’s teaching helped me refine my ability to create an atmosphere of great communication and cohesion.
- When I walked into the room, he had great upbeat music playing which totally set the tone for his presentation and the rest of the day.
- I love Brett's genuinely engaging delivery
- He does his homework ahead of time to understand the audience and tailor his message.
- Brett is a high energy speaker who delivers content that really helps people learn, grow, and be challenged to achieve their best.
- Awesome energy and held my attention well.
- Very motivating!