Keynote Speaker Brett Cooper
Brett is a frequent speaker on topics related to Team Dynamics, Leadership and Operational Excellence. He has been a keynote or featured speaker at over 20 events in the last 3 years, with audience sizes ranging from 50 to 2,500.
Brett Cooper speaking at the 5th annual Washington Lean Transformation Conference
From Destructive to Productive: How to Radically Transform the Nature of Workplace Conflict
Destructive conflict is an epidemic in our organizations. Just consider these statistics on the significant cost of conflict on people, teams and organizations:
- 25% of employees have been involved in a conflict that led to sickness and/or absenteeism
- Nearly 10% of employees report that destructive workplace conflict led to project failure on their team
- More than one-third of employees say that conflict resulted in someone leaving the company
- By one estimate, conflict consumes 385 million working days every year!
Isn’t it time we change the paradigm and find a better way?
With almost 20 years as a Leadership & Operational Excellence consultant, Brett Cooper – President of Integris Performance Advisors – has helped thousands of people and organizations learn and embrace ideas that tilt conflict away from being about destructive arguments and toward becoming productive debates about ideas. During this interactive and high-energy session, Brett will:
- Engage the audience in a dialog about the behaviors that lead to the equally damaging scenarios of artificial harmony and mean-spirited attacks (and how to avoid them)
- Have you recognize and acknowledge your own behavioral tendencies during conflict
- Demonstrate practical techniques you can use to help make your team the healthiest it’s ever been
- Leave you inspired and ready to make a real impact
Brett is the visionary President of Integris Performance Advisors, a professional development firm he co-founded to expand the existence of healthy organizations and great places to work. By creatively bringing together concepts from The Five Dysfunctions of a Team (by Patrick Lencioni), The Leadership Challenge (by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner), Everything DiSC and Lean Six Sigma, Brett and his team have influenced thousands of people in government, non-profits and corporate America to work together in more productive, more effective and more human ways.
Outside of his role at Integris, Brett dedicates time to serving others in need. He is a volunteer coordinator for the East Bay Stand Down and Stand Down on the Delta, two non-profit organizations serving the needs of San Francisco’s homeless Veteran population. He is also board member and financial sponsor for Partners in Sustainable Learning, whose mission is to bring early childhood education to marginalized communities in the developing world (current projects are underway in Nepal).
Brett earned an MBA in Finance from the Stern School of Business at New York University and a Bachelor's degree in Marketing from San Diego State University. He is a frequent speaker on topics related to team cohesion, leadership and operational excellence.
Brett is married to the love of his life, Maxine, and has two daughters, Sophia and Olivia. When not on the road, he splits time between the San Francisco Bay Area and Salem, OR.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE BRETT
Brett was very well prepared. He was the first keynote speaker on Thursday. When I walked into the room, he had great upbeat music playing which totally set the tone for his presentation and the rest of the day.
- Brett is a dynamic speaker and very engaging. I had to use the restroom, but didn’t want to get up and miss any information he shared.
- Participants really enjoyed the table discussions and opportunity to engage in dialogue regarding issues most important to them. We need to engage in this type of dialogue on an on-going basis as it helps to gain a broader perspective of issues of importance to peers and co-workers that could possibly impact the work relationship.
- I was only in the room for part of his presentation and from what I did see, he was a good presenter, energetic and good speaker, kept my attention. People around me were listening and looked interested.
Brett is indeed an engaging presenter with the ability to keep people’s attention. We had a dancing presentation following his presentation and he fully participating by getting up in front of the audience and dancing with us. Others commented on how awesome it was that he was just as engaged as a participant as he was as a speaker.
I have and will continue to recommend Brett as a speaker to my colleagues.
Charleen Anderson, RISE Project Manager, Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
I’ve been fortunate to hear Brett as a speaker/trainer in multiple venues including PMI Instant Impact and the WA Lean Conference and from attending his training sessions.
Brett Cooper is an engaging servant leader with a value added message on the use of powerful communication tools you can immediately put into practice. He brings information to the listener/learner in a straightforward approach where every person’s communication style is valued. And in a respectful and lighthearted way, he lets everyone think of a person they find frustrating. His information takes out the personal and highlights the style.
One of the best tools Brett’s teaching helped me refine was, the ability to recognize others communications styles; more importantly, how I can fine-tune my style to create an atmosphere of great communication and cohesion.
If you’ve ever thought, “How did that go so wrong so fast?”; or asked, “Why don’t they get it?”; if you are a leader and wonder, “How do I help my team improve?” Take the opportunity to build your communications tool kit. Get a win and an ‘a-ha’ moment from Brett - for yourself and your team.
Michelle Tuscher, Washington State
What I love about Brett Cooper as a presenter is his preparation (he does his homework ahead of time to understand what will help the audience) and his genuinely engaging delivery. He is a high energy speaker who delivers content that really helps people learn, grow, and be challenged to achieve their best.
Darrell Damron, Director G2G Lean Consulting Program, Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
Comments from Attendees
“Awesome energy and held my attention well.”
“Brett Cooper was very energetic and engaging. The information provided really gave insight into the different personality types and how we can all better communicate together.”
“Brett was a great speaker. I was able to identify my ‘type’ and those of my team members, which should really help in future communications!”
“Brett was extremely fun and engaging while delivering useful information.”
“Enjoyed his presentation so well; he has been invited to present at the RISE Summit”
“He brought to light some of my ideas and what I can work on back here in my office. Very motivating!”