Building Effective Workplace Relationships
Over 85 years of psychological research confirms that all people have natural preferences related to two characteristics:
(1) being more outgoing or more reserved
(2) being more skeptical or more accepting.
Further, the research goes on to show that when people have similar preferences in these areas, they will also share many other personality traits and behavioral tendencies.
Everything DiSC® assessment is the most effective and most reliable tool on the market to help us understand these preferences and styles – both in ourselves and in others.
DiSC® is a very simple—and memorable—model made up of four basic styles: D for Dominance, I for Influence, S for Steadiness, and C for Conscientiousness. The knowledge gained by this simple assessment has been used by hundreds of thousands of people to drive better teamwork, collaboration and productivity.
The integris approach to workplace relationships
DiSC® is a very simple—and memorable—model made up of four basic styles: D, i, S, and C. This model can be used to establish a common language employees can use to drive better teamwork, collaboration and productivity.
D - Dominance
Priorities: getting immediate results, taking action, challenging self and others
Motivated by: power and authority, competition, winning, and success
i - Influence
Priorities: expressing enthusiasm, taking action, encouraging collaboration
Motivated by: social recognition, group activities, friendly relationships
S - Steadiness
Priorities: giving support, maintaining stability, enjoying collaboration
Motivated by: stable environments, sincere appreciation, cooperation, opportunities to help
C - Conscientiousness
Priorities: ensuring accuracy, maintaining stability, challenging assumptions
Motivated by: opportunities to use expertise or gain knowledge, attention to quality
What Drives People To Do What They Do?
Each of us has our own personality preferences and styles. These differences in preferences and styles shape the relationships in our lives. To a large degree, our individual styles influence who we collaborate well with, and who we tend to have more difficulty with. But the beauty of our preferences and styles is that they are only that…preferences and styles.
By becoming familiar with the characteristics associated with the various DiSC® styles, we can begin to understand our co-workers at a deeper level. Make no mistake – this is not about “labeling” people. To the contrary, the goal is to use this knowledge to connect with people more effectively, and to get ahead of potential problems before they become actual problems.
When we have a clear understanding of our own preferences and styles – even those things we do that we might not typically notice – we gain power. Power to flex our style when the situation calls for it. Power to understand our strengths and how we can use those strengths to contribute to the success of our teams. Power to know our weaknesses and how to seek the help of others who might be more effective in a particular area.
Everything DiSC® Isn’t The Only Personality Styles Tool… It’s Just The Best!
- Easy To Remember. A key factor in the global adoption of DiSC® is its simplicity. Unlike other instruments – which often require people to memorize a string of letters or learn how to decipher what a color means – DiSC is easy to remember. Each letter stands for a particular style (Dominance, Influence, Steadiness or Conscientiousness), and each style is a commonly understood word that encapsulates the core preference associated with the style. At the end of the day, if your people don’t remember the model, the underlying value associated with the science behind it will be lost.
- Validated and Trusted. At the end of the day, the participant has to agree with his or her results. And while most assessments in our industry are just tested for internal reliability, Everything DiSC takes it a few steps further. By looking at things like test-retest (the stability of the tool), correlations with other respected instruments, correlations with outside observer ratings, and correlations with actual work behavior, Everything DiSC assessments have been validated to ensure that participants get the most accurate results possible.
- Easy To Facilitate. Everything DiSC assessments are scored online, and debriefing the results does not require the facilitator to go through a lengthy certification process. DiSC is designed to be as usable and accessible as possible.
You're In Good Company
Everything DiSC has already proven to be a great tool in our team goals of enhancing communication, connectedness and trust.
Performance & Learning Consultant
Large Healthcare System in the Los Angeles area
Products for Building Effective Workplace Relationships
Training Events for Everything DiSC®
There are no upcoming events at this time.