Want to Talk to a Human?
RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed) is an easy-to-use tool that can provide huge benefits to a group that has some work to do. With a RACI template, you can:
- Set clear expectations for everyone on the team
- Avoid having everyone involved in every discussion and decision in the project
- Avoid having one person responsible for every part of the project
- Streamline the communication and updates throughout the life of the project
RACI capture who owns each role and who is responsible for the deliverables of a project or process. View this sample. Definitions of each role:
- Responsible – The person who is doing the task
- This person is responsible for getting the work done or making the decision. Try to minimize the number of people in this category for each step.
- Accountable – The person who owns the task
- The person with the responsibility for the overall completion. They may not be doing the work, but they are responsible for ensuring it got completed. Should be just a single person.
- Consulted – This person is actively assisting in the task
- This person is actively engaged and will provide information to inform decisions needed to complete the task.
- Informed – This person will be kept aware of the task
- Updated on progress and decisions, these people can be less involved in the planning and decisions, though they may be affected by the outcomes of the work.
To get started streamlining a process or project download a RACI template.