The Leadership Challenge® Facilitator Training Workshop is an intensive, hands-on two-day program that will help prepare you to guide others to become more effective leaders and develop champions for leadership development. You’ll immerse yourself in the Leadership Challenge process and develop an implementation strategy to take back to your organization or to your consulting clients. There will be plenty of time to practice facilitating the workshop and get valuable feedback and coaching to improve the effectiveness of your delivery and the outcome for participants. You’ll also dive deep into The Leadership Challenge® Workshop Facilitator’s Guide, including customizable scripts, presentation slides, audio clips and forms, sample agendas, the Participant Workbook, and more.
Prior to the first day of the workshop, you will be asked to complete specific pre-work assignments. At a minimum, you will need to have successfully participated in a recent The Leadership Challenge® Workshop, and completed the Leadership Practices Inventory and received feedback on the results. You also will be required to select and be prepared to present in class one of the workshop modules.
What you will learn:
- The research foundation for The Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders model
- How to explain and interpret the Leadership Practices Inventory assessment
- How to use the Facilitator’s Guide to develop an agenda for a 2-day workshop
- How to conduct experiential activities that illustrate The Five Practices and make them come alive
- How to faciliate a powerful The Leadership Challenge Workshop with your emerging leaders
What you will experience
- A behind-the-scenes look at the workshop, its design, experiential activities, research foundation, and the core philosophy behind the model
- Discover your own leadership behavioral tendencies as you complete the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) yourself, learn how to interpret the results to craft a development plan
- Listen to success stories and case studies of other participants and Certified Masters who have used The Leadership Challenge to achieve the extraordinary for themselves, their teams, and their organizations
- Practice facilitating at least one module of the workshop and receive feedback from fellow participants and Certified Masters of The Leadership Challenge
- Observe key workshop modules presented by others and participate in feedback and discussion
- Practice debriefing experiential activities
- Engage with like-minded leaders and facilitators in a small-group environment designed to maximize participation, feedback and learning
- View and discuss selected videos
What you will take away:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders® model
- All the elements of a successful leadership development intervention
- Guidelines, strategies, and ideas for tailoring The Leadership Challenge® Workshop to meet the specific needs of various participant groups
- Certificate of Completion as a Qualified Trainer for The Leadership Challenge® Workshop, valid for two years and a pre-requisite to pursuing Certified Facilitator training (Level II)
- Eligibility to apply to become a Leadership Challenge® Certified Facilitator. Certification is by application and requires ongoing education for approximately two years.
An Evidence-Based Leadership Model
The Leadership Challenge® is an evidence-based leadership development model that is backed by over 28 years of rigorous research by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner. Since 1982, Kouzes and Posner have continued to conduct hundreds of interviews and case studies to understand the times when people perform at their personal bests. Intensive research and analysis have revealed that five fundamental practices were present during extraordinary leadership achievements.
Today, these behaviors are known as The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®. This approach is now the world’s most practical model for leadership development.
The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®
||Model the Way
Leaders establish principles concerning the way people should be treated and the way goals should be pursued. They create standards of excellence and then set an example for others to follow. They unravel bureaucracy when it impedes action; they put up signposts when people are unsure of where to go or how to get there; and they create opportunities for victory.
||Inspire a Shared Vision
Leaders passionately believe that they can make a difference. They envision the future, creating an ideal and unique image of what the organization can become. Through their magnetism and quiet persuasion, leaders enlist others in their dreams. They breathe life into their visions and get people to see exciting possibilities for the future.
||Challenge the Process
Leaders search for opportunities to change the status quo. They look for innovative ways to improve the organization. In doing so, they experiment and take risks. And because leaders know that risk taking involves mistakes and failures, they accept the inevitable disappointments as learning opportunities.
||Enable Others to Act
Leaders foster collaboration and build spirited teams. They actively involve others. Leaders understand that mutual respect is what sustains extraordinary efforts; they strive to create an atmosphere of trust and human dignity. They strengthen others, making each person feel capable and powerful.
||Encourage the Heart
Accomplishing extraordinary things in organizations is hard work. To keep hope and determination alive, leaders recognize contributions that individuals make. In every winning team, the members need to share in the rewards of their efforts, so leaders celebrate accomplishments. They make people feel like heroes.
Cancellations made more than 30 days before of the event will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made 30 to 10 days before of the event will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations within 10 days of the event will not be refunded.
Registration fees do not include overnight accommodations and transportation.
For more information, please email TLC@IntegrisPA.com.