HOW DO WE MAKE LEARNING IMPROVEMENT CONCEPTS AND BUSINESS CHANGE FUN AND ENGAGING FOR OUR PEOPLE?
We could teach process improvement methods and tools in a standard classroom layout, but we know adults learn best by being engaged in learning and practicing the tools. To really feel how Lean Six Sigma can make a difference takes something more than hearing people talk about it, it requires taking action to apply the ideas and experience improvement as it takes place.
During the Integris FastPitch™ lean simulation program, participants work in a virtual corporation to experience a powerful, direct connection to innovative, customer-driven business improvement. Each participant plays roles in a “real-life” organization struggling to increase capacity and performance to meet the needs of the customers. They are challenged to:
- Understand the Current State of the process
- Learn to hear the Voice of the Customer to define the customer requirements
- Gather and use data and measures to identify the root causes of process performance issues and customer dissatisfaction
- Analyze the process for value, flow and variation
- Develop, pilot and implement countermeasures and solutions
- Plan change management for their new process
- Learn to document their ideas and knowledge of the process and changes
- Build skills to work as a team to execute effective improvement activities
Throughout the lean simulation participants will experience the process improvement tools and concepts by applying them to a new organization. However, to make the session impactful for employees when they return to the real world, the facilitator will frequently “step out” of the Simulation and lead a group discussion about applying concepts and tools within the organization, creating a ready list of opportunities for participants to continue their education on the job.
“It’s easier to act your way into a new way of thinking, than think your way into a new way of acting.” – Jerry Sternin
Get your employees acting with an improvement mindset, using tools that can help them be successful in this new way of thinking. The Simulation, with a combination of “training” and “facilitated brainstorming” results an extremely effective session meant to enable people to change their actions and to gain a new way of thinking as well. Create the language and understanding of the methods and tools of improvement for your organization.
8 Hours (1 Day)